Thứ Ba, 29 tháng 10, 2013

Nokia Asha 311 Discount

Adam Alexander :I bought this because AT&T is raising smartphone prices to unfair levels. This is the closest thing to a smartphone without actually being a smartphone. It cost a third of what my smartphone was costing me and has most of the features. I get unlimited data on this which is very useful. The item is not as described though, it comes with a 2GB SD card, not 4GB. I was planning on putting a much bigger 32GB card in but that is not the point, the description lied. It works on AT&T's network pretty fluidly. All calls and messages are received. It arrived without an ability to connect to AT&T's data network, it took me hours to figure it out until I stumbled upon a video [...] which helped me so much, now the data works. It needs a factory reset because out of the box the apps were not launching right. The free 40 EA games don't seem to work yet for some reason, no big deal though. The screen itself is extremely tiny, they could have added another half inch in there at least. The operating system makes up for that though, it is very user friendly. Except for the fact you can not control the brightness level. If you're willing to put in a half-hour tops of work into this once you get it, it really does pay off.


 CelloChick (Texas, United States):I've had this phone a week now. I replaced a Nokia 6102i and I wanted a phone that did not need a data plan with my provider. One drawback is that the text message interface is presented as conversations, so it's a little different when it comes to finding sent messages or saving messages. You can't delete the facebook, store, online games, and other "data" icons, although there is a provision to customize one of the three screens that opens when you swipe the lock screen. The ringtone is loud enough for me to hear from another room in the house but I'm not sure it would be for someone with much hearing loss, and it takes a couple of swipes to get to the menu where the ringtone volume can be turned up. Also, I had to work a couple of hours to find the MMS settings online since this is an unlocked phone that is not supported by my well-known cell service provider. That was the most difficult obstacle. On the plus side, the on-screen qwerty keyboard is good and the capacitive touch screen is exactly like that on an iPod touch once you turn off the vibration-on-touch feature. It's pretty much impossible to dial this phone inadvertently since the screen locks and can't be unlocked without a deliberate swipe. The camera is so much better than the one I had on my flip phone that I really can't complain. It came with a 2 GB mini SD and uses a Nokia proprietary charger with the tiny pin. It is not heavy at all and doesn't protrude from my pocket like I thought it might. It has Nokia's proprietary ringtones and provisions for adding additional ones. The music player is intuitive and the radio works with the headphones that come with the phone. It looks like the standby battery life is two or three days, a little shorter than what I had on my Nokia flip phone but perfectly acceptable.


OhHaiInternet:I have seen many sites that try to compare this feature phone to smartphones and that would be a mistake. This is NOT a smartphone (despite what Nokia tries to put on their website). That being said, it is probably the best non-smartphone that you can find that will not cost you an automatic data plan charge on your bill. You see, I have AT&T as my cell phone provider and they will automatically charge you a data plan once their computers recognize that your SIM card is in a smartphone. I made that mistake when I bought a smartphone without knowing their policy and I was automatically put on a data plan for that month. At that point, I put my SIM back into my old Samsung and sent the smartphone back.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét